These guitars have been designed to satisfy the needs of a small, select group of the worlds most respected and most popular musicians. The John Mayer and Eric Clapton models are highest quality instruments for the demanding musician, true fans and collectors.
Johnny Cash fans have a choice of either a black D-35, just like the one he used to play, or the posthumous DX Johnny Cash for the fan on a limited budget.
Finally Martin regularly releases their CEO models in accordance with C. F. Martin IV. These are limited runs, using unusual woods, shapes or finishes.
It was a novel idea, back in the early seventies, when Johnny Cash asked Martin to make him a D-35 with an all black gloss finish. But since you don't say no to Johnny Cash, Martin delivered and Johnny played that guitar on stage for the next 20 years. This commemorative model is a close facsimile to that guitar, using solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and real Engelmann Spruce for the top.
- Body SizeD-14 Fret
- Construction:Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternForward-Shifted X-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialEngelmann Spruce
- Back MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Side MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishGloss
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 11/16''
- Neck ShapeModified Low Oval
- Neck TaperStandard Taper
- Electronics OptionsFishman Gold Plus Natural I / Fishman Infinity Matrix / Fishman Presys Plus / Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend / LR Baggs Anthem