of your martin instrument
All Martin guitars are covered by a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years.
We kindly remind you of your duty of care. Take good care of your beautiful instrument and you will enjoy it for a very long time.
This limited warranty is only valid if the instrument was purchased from an authorized dealer of C. F. Martin & Co, Inc. (hereinafter: "C. F. Martin") in Switzerland.
If you have a problem with your instrument, please contact the Martin dealer from whom you purchased the instrument.
Repairs and modifications not expressly authorized by C. F. Martin & Company will void the warranty.
On a limited basis C. F. Martin warrants for the case of the instruments against defects in material or workmanship as follows.
Warranty service must be reported and performed exclusively at an authorized Martin dealer. Any unauthorized repair or structural or permanent cosmetic alteration or adjustment will void this limited warranty.
Certain warranty-required repairs may be visible. C. F. Martin assumes no responsibility for such effects.
All shipping and insurance costs and arrangements for the purpose of locating and/or determining a warranty repair are the responsibility of the owner of the instrument. No liability will be assumed for damage and/or destruction and/or theft and/or loss of the instrument before, during or after shipment to the service location. The owner shall bear all risk associated with underinsurance or waiver of insurance for any damage to or loss of the instrument occurring during shipment of the instrument to the C. F. Martin factory and/or to a warranty center for examination of and/or performance of a warranty repair.
The limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the instrument. The following components are subject to wear and tear and are therefore excluded from this limited warranty unless C. F. Martin determines that the damage resulted from defective materials or workmanship:
- tuning hardware
- bridge plates
- bridge pins
- end pins
This limited warranty does not cover certain adjustments resulting from normal use and resulting wear and tear
In addition to the exclusions listed above, this limited warranty also excludes all of the following:
- Cracks in the wood and other damage caused by humidity or temperature outside the recommended ranges written in C. F. Martin's instructions in the "Care & Feeding Guide for your Martin Instrument" user guide booklet.
- Cracks in the finish caused by rapid temperature changes, cold and/or hot temperatures outside the recommended ranges as written in the C. F. Martin instructions in the "Care & Feeding Guide for your Martin Instrument" user guid booklet.
- Tone or sound complaints
- Shipping damage
- Natural disasters
- Accident, including damage caused by impact
- Misuse or abuse of the instrument
- Improper use, maintenance and/or care of the instrument, including any act or omission contrary to the instructions provided by C. F. Martin in the "Care & Feeding Guide for your Martin Instrument" user guide booklet.
- Surface damage caused by contact with various substances such as detergents, alcohol, perfume, hand or body lotions, cosmetics, insect repellents, silicone products, sweat and many other materials.
- The exclusions enumerated and referenced above do not constitute an exhaustive list of exclusions from this limited warranty. C. F. Martin reserves the exclusive right to investigate and determine whether a request for warranty repair of an instrument is excluded under this limited warranty.