With these wonderful guitars Martin offers realistic reproductions of the most sought after vintage models so you can now own a brand new authentic Vintage Martin.
To achieve this, Martin carefully picks their finest timber and applies their Vintage Tone System (VTS) to the top and bracings. Martin VTS is a highly sophisticated artificial aging process, based on torrefaction but taken several steps further by the Martin R&D-team. Using this unique process allows Martin’s craftsmen to target the age of the guitar to a year, both visually and sonically.
Furthermore Martin’s craftsmen have revived a process of final dressing the finish by hand from the 1900s to achieve a unique, warm glow.
The D-28 - that alone gets a true Martin fans heart racing. But this guitar is so much more than an ordinary D-28. It is a faithful, meticulous recreation of a guitar from 1937, the arguably most sought after vintage of D-28s. Back and sides are made of real Guatemalan Rosewood, the top is VTS treated Adirondack Spruce with period correct, forward shifted and hand scalloped bracings. Instant vintage feeling!
- Body SizeAuthentic D-14 Fret
- Construction:Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Bracing PatternAuthentic 1937 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialAdirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back MaterialGuatemalan Rosewood
- Side MaterialGuatemalan Rosewood
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
- Finish TopVintage Gloss
- Back & Side FinishVintage Gloss
- Scale length25.4”
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4”
- Neck ShapeAuthentic 1937
- Neck TaperStandard Taper
- ElectronicsNot Available
- Electronics OptionsNot Available