A beautiful, all solid wood Martin guitar at an affordable price – how is that even possible? In order to pull that one off, the Mexican Martin plant leaves the beaten track and uses outstanding but lesser known tone woods for the back and sides. The result is a series of stunningly beautiful guitars with great sound.
In order to offer an instrument to the SC-13-shape fans on a smaller budget, there is now an SC-Model in the 10-series. The most obvious difference to the SC-13E is, that the SC-10E features a satin finish, which gives the instrument a more plain appearance. The soundhole inlay and the binding are executed in black and white, which adds to the humble, no-frills-appearance of the guitar. Behind the finish the SC-10E is constructed of the same tonewoods as the SC-13E – a spruce top and solid African mahogany back and sides, topped off with fine veneer koa.
Further technical details are the same as the SC-13E’s, namely the Sure Align TM Neck System, allowing adjustments of the neck angle and scale length and the Fishman MX-T System.
A true enrichment to the Martin Catalogue!
- Body SizeS-13 Fret Cutaway
- Construction:Sure Align Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternTone Tension X Brace
- Brace ShapeTreble Side Scalloped X w/ Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Top MaterialSpruce
- Back MaterialKoa Fine Veneer
- Side MaterialKoa Fine Veneer
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Custom Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA535T
- Finish TopSatin
- Back & Side FinishSatin
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4"
- Neck ShapeLow Profile Velocity
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- ElectronicsFishman MX-T
- Electronics OptionsN/A