No other guitar company has been around and inspiring the evolution of the acoustic guitar for as long as C. F. Martin & Co. and no other acoustic guitar companies designs have been copied as much as theirs. So the Martin Standard Series aren’t just called that – this is the standard that everything else is measured by. Highest quality, tried and true tonewoods, spruce tops and genuine mahogany or East Indian rosewood back and sides – needless to say, all solid – make these guitars an absolute dream for any guitarist. Many of these original Martin shapes have been out there for over a century and all of them have undergone continuous tweaks and improvements over time. These guitars are the result of almost 190 years of Martin history.
1976 was the first time since World War II that Martin brought back the herringbone inlay along the top of the D-28, thus creating the HD-28. This inlay adds great style and class to the classic.
- Body SizeD-14 Fret
- Construction:Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternForward-Shifted X-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialSpruce
- Back MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Side MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishGloss
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4''
- Neck ShapeModified Low Oval
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- Electronics OptionsFishman Gold Plus Natural I / Fishman Infinity Matrix / Fishman Presys Plus / Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend / LR Baggs Anthem