"A beautiful, all solid wood Martin guitar at an affordable price – how is that even possible? In order to pull that one off, the Mexican Martin plant leaves the beaten track and uses outstanding but lesser known tone woods for the back and sides. The result is a series of stunningly beautiful guitars with great sound.
Like the SC-10E, the SC-13E-Special sports plain black and white accents. These guide the full attention to the spectacular Ziricote fine veneer which graces the back and sides of solid african Mahogany. In order to truly bring the stunning grain of the Ziricote to life, the SC-13E-Special features a gloss finish. Fort he top, the true and tested Sitka-Spruce was the obvious choice.
Again, the neck angle and scale lenth can be adjusted at a licenced Martin service center. What’s special, on the other hand, is the choice of the pickup – L.R.Baggs’ « elements », a system rarely found in Martin guitars.
Spectacular appearance and the most up to date adjustment options – The SC-13E-Special has it all!
- Body SizeS-13 Fret Cutaway
- Construction:Sure Align Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternTone Tension X Brace
- Brace ShapeTreble Side Scalloped X w/ Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Top MaterialSitka Spruce
- Back MaterialZiricote Fine Veneer
- Side MaterialZiricote Fine Veneer
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Custom Light MA535T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishGloss
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4"
- Neck ShapeLow Profile Velocity
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- ElectronicsL. R. Baggs Element
- Electronics OptionsN/A