The 16 Series is a multifaceted collection of instruments. They all have solid spruce tops and solid back and sides of mahogany, granadillo or East Indian rosewood, except for the ovangkol models which have ovangkol top, back and sides. While the tops of these guitars are finished in a shiny high gloss, the back and sides are kept in a more plain satin finish.
The top and back are flattered by simple bindings, whereas the ebony fingerboard remains unbound.
All 16 Series models are equipped with the Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance electronics to deliver the perfect blend of authenticity and practicality in your amplified tone.
Another classic Martin combination, the D-16E Mahogany will give you the warmth of mahogany, paired with the low end of the Dreadnought shape - that full, warm Martin tone.
Due to material availability this guitar is designed with either a tortoise pattern or black pickguard. Selection may vary.
- Body SizeD-14 Fret (000 Depth)
- Construction:Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternForward-Shifted X-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialSpruce
- Back MaterialMahogany
- Side MaterialMahogany
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishSatin
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4''
- Neck ShapeModified Low Oval
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- ElectronicsFishman® Matrix VT Enhance™
- Electronics OptionsN/A