No other guitar company has been around and inspiring the evolution of the acoustic guitar for as long as C. F. Martin & Co. and no other acoustic guitar companies designs have been copied as much as theirs. So the Martin Standard Series aren’t just called that – this is the standard that everything else is measured by.Highest quality, tried and true tonewoods, spruce tops and genuine mahogany or East Indian rosewood back and sides – needless to say, all solid – make these guitars an absolute dream for any guitarist. Many of these original Martin shapes have been out there for over a century and all of them have undergone continuous tweaks and improvements over time. These guitars are the result of almost 190 years of Martin history.
Even a company like C. F. Martin & Co. can't succeed with everything they do. In the 1930s Martin tried to get a foot in the Archtop market with their F-Models. Unfortunately these Archtops were so unpopular that by the 1960s, vintage guitar shops started converting them by replacing the original tops with X-braced flat tops, thus creating an all new Martin shape. By 1977 Martin recognised the potential of this Martin guitar that never really was one and turned it into a proper, official Martin model, called the M-Shape, also known as the Grand Auditorium. The M-36 has a beautiful three part rosewood back and sides like a the D-35 plus a spruce top. The fretboard is bound in antique white.
- Body SizeM-14 Fret
- Construction:Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternForward-Shifted X-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialSpruce
- Back MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Side MaterialEast Indian Rosewood
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishGloss
- Scale length25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4''
- Neck ShapeModified Low Oval
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- Electronics OptionsFishman Gold Plus Natural I / Fishman Infinity Matrix / Fishman Presys Plus / Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend / LR Baggs Anthem